Yokohama Grand InterContinental Hotel Co., Ltd
Yokohama Grand InterContinental Hotel Co., Ltd. announces the following matters in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
Based on the concepts of “peace of mind” and “trust”, Yokohama Grand InterContinental Hotel Co., Ltd.
● creates valuable time and space;
● continues to be a familiar presence at all times; and
● brings “dreams” and “excitement” to people from around the world.
In accordance with these fundamental principles, we try our best to provide safe and comfortable services to customers.
At Yokohama Grand InterContinental Hotel Co., Ltd., customers’ personal information is essential for providing services that are thoroughly satisfying for customers. As we consider the personal information entrusted to us to be extremely important, we handle it with the utmost care.
To enable you to use Yokohama Grand InterContinental Hotel Co., Ltd. with peace of mind and trust, our executives and employees undertake thorough training on laws and regulations and our internal regulations concerning personal information. We have also established internal systems for information security management, etc., and we work to appropriately manage customers’ personal information as well as making maximum efforts to use such information appropriately.
Handling of Personal Information
1. Scope of Application
2. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
Customers’ personal information is acquired and used for the following purposes:
- (1) Reservations for hotel accommodation, meetings and events, restaurants, etc., various services, and customer safety;
- (2) Reservations for hotel accommodation through the IHG ANA Hotels Reservation Centre;
- (3) Providing IHG® One Rewards services;
- (4) Providing information about, offering and managing the services, merchandise, events, and promotional campaigns handled by the Company;
- (5) Conducting surveys regarding the hotel’s services and merchandise, etc.;
- (6) Launching new services and merchandise handled by the Company;
- (7) All operations ancillary or related to (1) to (6) above;
- (8) Providing guidance and various types of information on services, merchandise, various events, and promotional campaigns handled by the Company and its business partner companies, etc.; and
- (9) Responding to enquiries and requests, etc.
3. Acquisition of Personal Information
Customers’ personal information is acquired by appropriate and fair means.
4. Disclosure and Provision to Third Parties
The Company does not disclose and provide customers’ personal information to third parties, except in any of the following cases.
Note that joint use and provision to outsourcing contractors do not fall under disclosure or provision to third parties.
- (1) When the customer has given their personal consent
- (2) When disclosure and provision is required pursuant to laws and regulation
- (3) When disclosure and provision is necessary for the protection of the life, body or property of an individual, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- (4) When disclosure and provision is necessary for cooperating in the performance of public work to be carried out by the national government or a local government, etc., and obtaining the consent of the customer is likely to interfere with the performance of such work
- (5) When, before providing the information, the Company has notified the person concerned in advance—
- (A) that provision to the third party is the purpose of use;
- (B) that items of personal data are to be provided to the third party;
- (C) about the means or method of provision to the third party; and
- (D) that provision of such personal data to third parties as will lead to the identification of the person concerned will be discontinued at the request of that person—
or has put that information in a condition that can be readily accessed by the person concerned and will discontinue the provision of the personal data to the third party at the request of that person
- (6) When statistical data, etc. is disclosed or provided in a condition in which the person concerned cannot be identified
5. Joint Use
The Company may engage in the joint use of personal information as described below.
|Scope of personal information subject to joint use||Partner companies engaged in the provision of services, products, etc.|
|Purposes of joint use by users||
|Personal information item subject to joint use||Name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, place of work, gender, transaction details, etc.|
|Name, address, and representative of party responsible for management of personal data||Yokohama Grand InterContinental Hotel Co., Ltd.
Azuma Umemura, President and Representative Director
1-1-1 Minatomirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 220-8522 Japan
The Company may outsource parts of its operations and provide personal information to the outsourcing contractors to the extent necessary.In such cases, an agreement in relation to the handling of personal information is entered into with the outsourcing contractor, and appropriate supervision is carried out.
7. Responding to Personal Information Enquiries
When a customer asks the Company to disclose, correct, or discontinue use, etc. of personal information of the customer by the method separately specified by the Company, the Company will respond promptly to a reasonable extent. However, to prevent alteration of customers’ personal information by third parties, the Company will only do so if it has been able to confirm that the person making the request is the customer in question.
8. Management of Personal Information
The Company appropriately manages customers’ personal information and pays the utmost attention to preventing leakage, loss, alteration, etc. of the information. Executives and employees undertake internal training on the protection and appropriate handling of customers’ personal information. Also, the Company separately specifies the retention period of personal information according to the purpose of use of the information and destroys or deletes such information by appropriate methods after the relevant period has elapsed.
10. Site Policy
To appropriately protect the personal information of customers using the website operated by the Company, the Company has established a site policy and pays close attention to the handling of that policy.
Requests for Disclosure, Correction, Discontinuation of Use, etc. of Customers’
Personal Information Held by the Company
The requests referred to in the preceding paragraph concerning customers’ personal information held by the Company and other enquiries in relation to personal information may be made in the way described below. Requests regarding the IHG One Rewards* should be made to the IHG Hotels & Resorts. However, please note that such requests will be declined in all cases where we are unable to confirm that the request is made by the person concerned.
*The IHG One Rewards is a members’ programme operated by the IHG Hotels & Resorts. Procedures concerning membership information are available from the IHG One Rewards website and the IHG One Rewards Service Centre.
1. Consultation Service
Please submit any requests for disclosure, correction, deletion, addition, discontinuation of use, erasure, or notification of the purpose of use in the prescribed request form, with the necessary documents attached, by mail to the following address:
Personal Information Customer Consultation Service
Yokohama Grand InterContinental Hotel Co., Ltd.
1-1-1 Minatomirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 220-8522, Japan
2. Documents to be provided when making Requests for Disclosure, etc.
When making requests for disclosure, etc., please enter all the prescribed information in the request form (A) referred to below and send the form together with the identity verification documents (B) and the fee of 1,000 yen in postage stamps. Requests cannot be made by directly visiting the hotel. Please note that we will not be able to respond to requests for disclosure unless all the specified matters are entered in the form. Also, if the fee or all the necessary documents are not enclosed, it will be dealt with as if there was no request for disclosure, correction, discontinuation of use, etc., so please be sure to check that you have enclosed these before sending the request. Request forms may be obtained by contacting the Personal Information Customer Consultation Service of Yokohama Grand InterContinental Hotel Co., Ltd. by telephone, fax or email.
- (A) Request forms prescribed by the Company
- ■ Request for disclosure of “Retained Personal Data”
- ■ Request for discontinuation of use, etc. of “Retained Personal Data”
- (B) Identity Verification Documents
- Copies of any two of the following:
Driver’s licence, passport, health insurance card, My Number Card, Basic Resident Registration Card with photo attached, physical disability certificate, pension handbook, alien registration certificate.
*Please note that we do not return the documents sent to us.
A fee of 1,000 yen (tax included) is required to be paid for each request for disclosure, etc.
When the Company receives disclosure request forms or correction, discontinuation of use, etc. request forms, we endeavour to deal with them as soon as possible. However, if the information contained in the disclosure request form or correction, discontinuation of use, etc. request form is incomplete or identity verification documents are not included, it may take several days to process the request.
Responses to requests for disclosure, correction, discontinuation of use, etc. are provided in writing, by electromagnetic record, or by other means specified by the Company, whichever is selected by the requesting party.
Personal information obtained by the Company in conjunction with requests for disclosure, etc. will be used only for operations necessary for the requests for disclosure, correction, discontinuation of use, etc., and will not be used for any other purpose. Documents submitted by you will be held under strict control and retained for three years after completion of the answer to the request for disclosure, etc. and will thereafter be destroyed responsibly by the Company.
Non-disclosure of “Retained Personal Data”
Personal information of customers will not be disclosed in the following cases. We will specify and inform you of the reason for any non-disclosure. Also, the Company will retain the prescribed fee even in the case of non-disclosure.
- ・ The personal information which is the subject of the request for disclosure does not fall under “Retained Personal Data”
- ・ There is a deficiency in the documents submitted.
- ・ We are unable to verify your identity (for example, if the address, etc. is inconsistent with the request form, identity verification documents, or the address registered with the Company).
- ・ Disclosure is likely to harm the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the person concerned or a third party.
- ・ Disclosure is likely to violate other laws and regulations.
- ・ Disclosure is likely to significantly impede the performance of the Company’s operations.
Please send any enquiries, etc. regarding the above procedures and answers in writing to the Company’s Personal Information Customer Consultation Service. Please note that such enquiries, etc. cannot be made by directly visiting the hotel.